School and family
Spanish National Heritage
The San Pascual College is part of the historical complex of the Convent of San Pascual de Aranjuez. It is a building constructed by Sabatini between 1765 and 1770, commissioned by Charles III, which belongs to the Spanish National Heritage.
The church, surrounded by two towers and numerous pillars, this imposing building is located in front of the so-called Hospital de San Carlos. With a Latin floor plan and numerous chapels, the church has a painting by Antonio Rafael Mengs on its main altar. Initially it was a Franciscan convent, although during the reign of Queen Isabel II, it was occupied by the Conceptionist nuns. Later, the Franciscan Conceptionist nuns themselves transformed its use, recovering it for teaching. After the Second Vatican Council, the nuns ceased their educational activity to dedicate themselves to the cloister, and in 1972 five teachers took charge of the school, later transforming it into the secular cooperative that we know today.